Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Reminder.

1st Peter 5:9
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

“Keep my heart's eyes on Christ today, and everything else will be ok.” Or,
“Keep my eyes on Christ, and everything else will be alright.”

This has been my life-theme these past few months. My mantra, if you will. For clarity, allow me to define ‘ok’ in this slogan. Yes, I’m fully aware that a life with Christ is ‘excellent.’ The ‘ok’ is not referring to God’s view of what He wants our lives, but rather our utter reliance on Christ. View it in the attitude of ‘no worries, anxieties or fears.’ Yes, I know God’s highest. ‘Ok' in this sense means… we will make through the day, and Yes it will be amazing. I have so many tasks, responsibilities, multitasking and constant stimulation, that I have no choice but to repeat myself this truth; daily. I hope you will choose this also. So, hang on kids and follow me for a moment…

This quote is the declaration I have made as my allegorical daily banner. I choose to walk with Him on a daily basis. It is my wake-up call, (and I must say...it is a lot sweeter than Folgers). Is it easy to follow? Paradoxically, yes and no. Jesus said it would not be easy, therefore I don't expect, it in this world. However, when our eyes are solely on Him, it's a constant vacation of the soul and a surprising adventure. Without this daily reminder that I am still in the process of transformation, I would mess it all up. How lovely it is to let go, and know I am not in control! In many ways it is easier to stay the same, yet, a growing sense that God is breathing life into me that is both beautiful and terrifying.

"In the spiritual journey we also face moments of temptation to return to the land of our slavery. It's safe, secure, and known. Where God is taking us is risky and unknown and requires deeper trust, courage and greater maturity No matter the nature of our awakening--feminine or masculine--each of us faces aspects of our human condition from which we long to be free. Perhaps the bondage is an addiction or a self-perception, an attitude or a posture. Whatever the shade of our personal slavery, longing forces us to actively wait, thereby keeping us anchored in the journey toward freedom...This kind of longing keep us submitted to the transformational work of God in us."

No matter how much we know or think we know about God, our journey towards humility will never end. Our ‘heart’s eye’ must constantly be reminded that in all things we must glorify Him. May we be reminded to keep our eyes at a constant focus of love for God. Our journey towards humility will never end, until the day we see Him. I pray that we will pray for humble eyes for Christ
Blessings in the waiting period friends! It's an exciting journey towards an integrated life of freedom. Exciting? Let me hear amen.

Always,
Davy Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment