Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Is Your Fear Killing Your True Reality?

I grew up in a small area in the south. The town consisted of full-time hicks, trucks, one blinking red light, the local diner and scattered oil-wells. I was always afraid of the oil-wells. I was sure they were giant horses that wanted to eat me. I was extremely frightened of getting anywhere near their radius. My stomach fed my veins with butterflies as the fear consumed my cells. As I grew a little older, I realized, I had to conquer my fear of the “giant-horse”. I did this with my dreamer’s glare. My eyes would kill them. Through the window I would pierce my gaze into their crooked, evil arthritic necks. If I did this long enough, they would become so afraid that they had no choice but to suck up every last drop of oil out of the ground and die a death of exhaustion. Little did I know, that if my evil tactic actually worked, I would royally have screwed over the entire small economy where I lived. If my superpowers rang true, I would force farmers and their families in poverty!

As an adult I often wished my eye’s had worked on this oil-town, as I thought back on how miserable the legalistic pigs were. Often, I referred to this place as hell-town. One thing this imagination did help me with, is the allegory of fear. If I am ever afraid of something, I think back on these childish day-dreams. I use the glare of death as my allegory for destroying any temptation in my path of true-self discovery.

Conquering fear is one of the most important things in our lives. Often the monster appears in a very idealistic way, and we realize there was nothing to fear at all, but our own imagination. It is the killer of joy, life and love. Fear slowly kills us. Fear keeps us from truly living. It is constantly lurking to enter in our souls, and must be mastered. How are you conquering fear in your life today? Do you want to die and early death?

If your eyes do it for you, then use them. If going for a walk is your oasis, then get out of the house! If reading is the key, run towards it. If God is your alibi, pray. What is your strategy for killing the fear in your own life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment