Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Love Project

A Year Of Love

"Whoever loves money never has money enough.- To gain the whole world, yet lose his very self." - Jesus

As I watch the state of our economy plummet, I realize more daily that we are leaving this world quickly. "You never know when you're gonna go," seems to be my motto these days. Morbid you may say? No. Truly, it's a response to the extreme desire to live a full and good life. The economy is increasingly giving us warnings. However, there is still an overwhelming social compulsion - an insanity of consensus, if you will to get rich from life rather than to live richly, to "do well" in the world instead of living well. And in spite of the fact that America is famous for its unhappy rich people, most of us remain convinced that just a little more money will set life right. All we need to do, is just buy one more lottery ticket.

Due to the realities of living richly in the age of an overarching depression lurking with every swipe of the card... I have decided to travel. I am excited for the journeys this next year will bring. I will be journeying To Africa, Europe and beyond. Spreading the hope and joy of God to all who are willing to listen. I will be interviewing hundreds on our favorite topic. "Love" -- The only thing that is the greatest. I will be conducting interviews, recording many, keeping a journal and writing my book.

May you be blessed as you read and continue your journey. Happy Travels!

Feel free to follow me on this blog, facebook or meet up in Europe!


Thoughts to Consider on Your Journey:

1) To be a light in the darkness. To open windows into musty houses. To pray with the dying. To sit, talk, stand and laugh with anyone. To eat at the tables of those who are in despair. To live my life as Jesus did.
2) Encouraging others to live an integrated and creative lifestyle.

Good Quotes I love:


From this hour I ordain myself loss'd of limits and imaginary lines, Going where I list, my own master total and absolute, Listening to others, considering well what they say, Pausing, searching, receiving and contemplating, Gently, but with undeniable will divesting myself of the holds that would hold me. - Walt Whitman, "Song of the Open Road"

The greatest happiness of life it the conviction that we are loved – loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. -Victor Marie Hugo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us – Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment