Monday, June 11, 2012

Can I Get A .... Drumroll Please?


Dear Friends, 

Where In The World Is Davy? 
It’s been too long.  Literally too long! It was so nice to see everyone in Texas on my visit there.  I got to hold lots of babies, play in the heat and hug many necks.  It was just what I needed.  On the other hand, I have been currently working in Seattle, WA while I pray and seek God in all aspects regarding life.
  
I Have Not Fallen Off The Earth...

So... Guess what? I’ll be going back to Uganda.  I took some time off from Africa to rest a little and recuperate in order to figure out timing and take care of some things here.  (Also, to save money for Uganda!) 
What I’ll Be Doing 
I will be working with the same kids! :) I will be returning to work at the orphanage I was working with before.  There are 2-3 orphanages in South Uganda that I would like to establish a longer term commitment with.  I will be teaching, mothering and making sure these kids get to a very healthy place.  I will be going solo this time, (Unless you want to join)... :)  The reason for this is, I have had a hard time finding ministries working in this region.  I have considered starting a small non profit for some time, yet the time it takes to do that is daunting.  
What You Can Do 
Please pray for me. I need prayer and guidance from God to know exactly the correct time and wisdom to know exactly what to do at all times.  
Financially I know it’s difficult to help since I won’t be able to give a tax receipt to you.  If you are able to help I would be extremely grateful, (And so would the kids!).  Any bit helps.  There is an address below, and if you send a check you can put in the memo “Ministry”.  My goal is to raise $6000 dollars by September.  
Thank you so much for all your love and support throughout the years...I miss you all greatly.  I hope to see you soon.   God be with you in all you do.
Love,
Davy Desmond
2619 SW 149th Place 
Burien, WA 98166 

1 comment:

  1. Of course we will miss you, but pray God will guide, provide, N bless. "Wholly absorb yourself in his calling for you..." (1 Tim. 4:14-16)

    ReplyDelete